Holistic Pelvic Care™: What Is It?
The pelvic floor. It’s an area of the body that most people are generally aware exists, but often
in a vague and/or disconnected way. A place women are actually taught to ignore and/or be
ashamed of. An area of the body that “we just don’t talk about”. But like all of the rest of the
body’s soft tissue, the pelvic floor needs our attention and care. Kegels are often the only
recommendation given, as a way of strengthening the pelvic floor; however, there are many
times that the pelvic floor is actually overly tense or imbalanced, and what is first needed, before
strengthening, is release and balance.
Holistic Pelvic CareTM is one way to address the needs of the pelvic floor. HPCTM is a modality
created by Tami Lynn Kent which utilizes a combination of intravaginal massage, fascial
release, and trigger point work, along with breathwork, and/or visualization to unwind and
release the muscles and tissue of the pelvic floor and restore flow and balance.
When it comes to issues such as: pain with sex or orgasm, urinary incontinence, low libido, and
prolapse, among many other things, women have been largely ignored and told that their
concerns are “normal” or even that these things are all in their head or perhaps are only given a
surgical option. Holistic Pelvic CareTM is a holistic modality that acknowledges and addresses
the pelvic space physically, emotionally, and energetically.
THESE ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS WOMEN HAVE FOUND WITH HPCTM:
Relief or restoration of:
- Pelvic pain/congestion
- Stress incontinence
- Recurrent UTI
- Pelvic muscle balance and engagement
- Feeling of pelvic heaviness
- Scar tissue
- Pain with sitting/tailbone pain
- Menstrual pain or problems
- Support of organ health and alignment
- Pelvic imbalances
- Supports sexual health and orgasm/improves pelvic sensation and libido
- Facilitates pelvic connection and proprioception
- Encourages self care and intuition
- Can help to support fertility
- Supports transition to menopause and long term vaginal health
- Preparation for pregnancy
- Increase postpartum healing
- Assists in healing from trauma
- Helps in establishing clear energetic boundaries
- Assist in healing difficult birth outcomes or tissue that may have become compromised duringthe process
- Supports healing of miscarriage and birth loss
- Supports the transition to menopause
- Care of overall vaginal health
You do not need to have a “problem” to benefit from Holistic Pelvic CareTM. This work is a
nourishing preventive care. It is a powerful tool to help you to connect with your center and
increase flow and vitality and help to provide an overall sense of well-being. Whether you are
suffering from pelvic symptoms or you simply want to connect more deeply with the root of your
body, Holistic Pelvic CareTM can be a powerful tool to increase the flow of creative energy and
vitality and is an excellent addition to your wellness-care.
Be Well. Be Loved. Be Nourished.
Curious about Holistic Pelvic Care™? Amber LaBancz offers 1:1 sessions at Nourish Midwifery's Stillwater location.